Guardian Storage with properties in Pennsylvania and Colorado is seeking to hire a new Marketing Manager to run the Marketing Department at our Corporate Offices in Pittsburgh, PA.
With over 26 years of experience in the industry, Guardian is the total storage solution, offering the largest selection of self-storage options, at all of our locations. Guardian utilizes the highest standards in design, development and management. We deliver the highest quality in customer amenities, with an eye towards many “Green” initiatives. All these things create an environment second to none in the storage industry, complimenting our superior service, security, professionalism, and overall value. Our organization has won awards for the architecture and twice been among the Pittsburgh Business Times “Fastest growing companies”.
Guardian continues to grow, expanding its reach across the Western PA and Denver, CO regions offering first class facilities and solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB & MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for developing marketing plan and tactics designed to generate inquiries for all stores, including:
- Inbound Inquiries/Calls to Sites
- Unique Web Visitors
- Web Leads (Calls, Quotes, Reservations, Coupons Prints)
- Third-Party Referral Partner Lead Generation
- Develop the Annual Marketing Plan and detailed budget for GS and obtain Leadership Team approval by December 15 of preceding year.
- Marketing Program Performance Analysis – Analyze performance of all in-market programs to measure Return on Investment (ROI).
- Monitor, measure and understand Self Storage industry data, trends, and competitive forces and adjust strategy, plans and tactics accordingly.
- Manage all marketing activities including the comprehensive marketing strategy, program planning, industry research, creative asset management, copy writing, and public relations projects.
- Identify third party vendors required to deliver the programs/campaigns outlined in the marketing plan, including contract negotiation, project management and delivery.
- Conduct ongoing market research to identify and evaluate new digital and traditional marketing channels to reach consumers and spheres of influence.
- Participate in continuous educational programs, including:
- National Self Storage Association (SSA) Conferences – (2x/Year)
- National ISS Conferences (2X/Year)
- Pennsylvania Self Storage Association (PASSA) Conferences – (3X/Year)
- SSA Online Webinars – As Needed
- Mini Storage Messenger Magazine – Continual
- Inside Self Storage Magazine – Continual
- SSA Globe Magazine – Continual
- Other monthly sales or property management programs that would be valuable.
- Present monthly Marketing reports to the Leadership Team, Including:
- Continual ROI Analysis for All In-Market Digital and Traditional Marketing Programs
- Cost Per Inquiry, Lead and Acquisition Analysis
- Other Key Marketing Performance Reports and Metrics As Needed
- Collect and analyze ad-hoc monthly marketing performance data for reporting to the Leadership Team as requested.
- Utilize SiteLink (self storage industry point of sale management software) as a marketing management tool to better understand tenant data, trends and marketing summary reports.
- Manage web site performance using Google Analytics, call tracking metrics, visits and inquiries as needed.Produce year-end ROI study used to develop following year’s marketing plan.
- Manage the GS Digital Marketing Strategy, as an integral part of the overall corporate marketing strategy.
- Identify new technologies as they emerge that can be leveraged to market self storage, self storage property management and GS brand management.
- Maintain the corporate web site, GuardianStorage.com, adding specials/promotion, events, PR, and other content as needed.
- Manage the efforts of the digital marketing agency to maximize Search Engine Marketing (SEM) plans and tactics designed to improve organic search, paid and local search rankings for properties in Pittsburgh and Denver Metro area.
- Utilize web analytics to measure all relevant metrics in order to evaluate all digital marketing efforts.
- Manage the GS consumer contact database, including the improvement of email data collection to create custom email marketing campaigns.
- Media placement of online banner ads with high traffic, self storage target rich websites designed to increase traffic generation to GuardianStorage.com.
- Manage link building opportunities with key stakeholders, designed to increase traffic to GuardianStorage.com. Examples include Homes.com, Chambers of Commerce, Self Storage Industry partners, etc.
- Manage GS participation in all relevant social networking websites, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+ and others as they arise.
- Manage all domain name registrations, updates and renewals.
Property Marketing Goals (Community/Guerrilla Marketing)
- Develop the Property Marketing Goals program and manage the implementation of the program by the Property Managers and Associate Managers for their properties in the markets they serve.
- Manage memberships and attendees for Chamber of Commerce functions, association events and trade shows as needed, in order to build relationships.
- Assist in planning special events designed to drive in-person consumer visits to each physical property site, i.e., Grand Openings, Community Days, festivals, Chamber events, parades, races, car rallies, car washes, etc.
- Recommend new and actionable programs.
- Identify viable Class A events (Pittsburgh Marathon, Arbor Aid, Great Race, Steel City Blue Festival, etc.) for corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage print advertising, contract negotiations and final proof approval for all printed materials.
- Maintain inventories of all marketing collateral supplies, including promotional items.
- Manage both traditional phone book (Directory) advertising, as well as online directory ad placement.
- Manage development and maintenance of property signage including office displays, retail, way finding and exterior building signs.
- Prepare and distribute The Guardian quarterly newsletter.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, communications, or related field
- Experience: minimum 5 years and preferred 7 years in digital marketing, marketing planning and budgeting, marketing program performance analysis, community marketing, communications and PR
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, WordPress, knowledge of Adobe Products and Publicaster a plus.
- Experience in self storage or real estate environment a plus
- Starting Salary plus bonus based on experience and qualificationsFull Healthcare-Medical, Dental and Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- 401K program with matching contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Excellent corporate culture in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Our employees say the corporate culture is one of transparency and inclusion. “Feels like a family”
- Chance to learn new skills
- Undertake and Manage interesting and challenging projects
- Minor travel
All interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to “Marketing Manager Position” and use the e-mail address [email protected].